Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Eleven Months Old

My littlest man is 11 months old today.


(And as you can see, it's hard to keep in one place--upside-down teddy, anyone?)

It's insane for me to think that in just one stinkin' month, we'll be celebrating his first birthday. That means he'll be getting one year photos, and a party (which as of press time is in decent shape), and all the good things that come with this milestone.

(...and now my uterus is screaming at me because we have no plans to do this a fourth time...)

At eleven (ELEVEN!) months, Justin:

--has GOT to be around 25 lbs. He's HUGE, at least by our standards.
--is in 18-month clothes most days, but I still manage to squeeze him into a few 12-monthers.
--eats anything put in front of him, no questions asked. We're getting into a lot more textures as opposed to purees lately; he went to town on one of my pancakes at IHOP over the weekend.


--isn't walking yet, but I'm not pushing it! He did take a few steps behind the walker (GASP), but hasn't seemed very interested in repeating that feat. All in his time.
--popped out three more teeth in the last two weeks, and so currently sits with a total of eight, but he has at least two more on the verge of emerging.
--has a favorite "word"; he continually asks "Dis?" all day long. It's pretty cute. And I'd be lying if I didn't think he'd correctly said "Daddy" a few times :)


--seems to be a bit of a climber, as I keep finding him on the fireplace hearth (SIDENOTE: I really wish this house had better sight lines from the kitchen...). That scares me for him down the road.
--is going to need to move up to Size 5 diapers soon, which is something no son of mine has ever done before.
--is just the sweetest little munchkin. He's only angry irritated when he doesn't get fed fast enough or when Nolan steps on him. We are trying our best to soak up all his baby loveliness before time runs out.

See how he compares to Aiden and Nolan at eleven months.


No comments:

Post a Comment