…June, that is.
I feel like I’ve been complaining too much, so I’m trying to look on the bright side.
A few highlights from the past month…
- Found out we’re expecting another bouncing boy :)
- Celebrated Mike’s & my 6th wedding anniversary :)
- My sister & family moved back to Ohio from South Carolina
- Angie, my sister and I spent a day with Urban Meyer and the OSU coaching staff
- Attended a beautiful wedding for one of Mike’s best friends
- Angie, my sister and I spent a fun morning volunteering with The 2nd and 7 Foundation
And probably the biggest one…
- Made it through the hardest few weeks of my life with the unwavering support of family and friends. In the midst of such a tragedy, the outpouring of sympathy was both humbling and uplifting. I’ll never be able to thank everyone enough for the flowers, cards, Facebook messages, meals, gifts, hugs, and listening ears. I know I speak for my family when I say it’s been unreal
I also keep thinking to myself that if she were here, my mom would be telling me “Get over it already!”
It reminds of a story she told me about when I was little. I had run into the house crying one afternoon, and she asked what was wrong. Between my wailing and crocodile tears, I choked out that one of the neighbor kids “said you were fat!”
Pragmatist that she was, she didn’t miss a beat and responded, “So what? I AM fat!”
And I kind of think that’s how she would respond to my sadness now, only replacing the word fat with dead. That’s just how Mom was—practical to the core.
So I’m going to try harder to accept my new reality. It’s not what I asked for and definitely not what I hoped for, but it is what it is.
Time to focus on happier things—without forgetting why I need to enjoy them.