10. First of all, I’m sending every good vibe I have to those in New York and the areas directly impacted by Sandy. Watching the coverage on TV…I just can’t imagine. My sister lost a tree in her backyard, and doesn’t have power, but luckily everyone is safe. What a storm.
9. Had an OB checkup this morning, and let’s just say it wasn’t my favorite so far. High blood pressure (that thankfully went back down) and my belly measuring behind were NOT things I wanted to hear. So I have an additional ultrasound next week just to make sure things are going well, but I’m a bit nervous, especially since low fluid with Aiden forced me to deliver him 10 days early. Obviously I want what’s best for Justin, but cross your fingers for me that this munchkin is a December baby…
8. Given the situation above, I have GOT to get my butt in gear & get ready for this kid. I’ve almost gotten the newborn laundry completed, but I still have Nolan in Justin’s room. Not good. And time might be running out sooner than I previously thought.
7. I had a definite mom FAIL today; Aiden’s preschool Halloween celebration was this morning, and the parade to show off all the kids’ costumes was at 9:30—which was exactly when my OB appointment was scheduled. WAH-WAH-WAAAAAAAAH. I really wanted to see him as the
world’s skinniest OSU football player,
6. Trick-or-treat should be just AWESOME tomorrow, with the forecast calling for rain, wind, and 30-degree temperatures. Where is the 80-degree sunshine from last week? That’s Ohio for you…
5. My Buckeyes are undefeated nine games into the season and have a legitimate chance to go 12-0. We’ve had some close calls, and our season officially ends the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but the success has me salivating for next fall already.
4. Made it up north this past weekend to watch two of my sisters and my brother-in-law perform in concert. Heidi & Joel are trained opera singers, and though Abby isn’t trained, she’s pretty darned good herself. It was a beautiful event. As an encore, though, Heidi & Joel sang “Reqiuem,” and OHMYGOD the waterworks started before they even sang a note. My mom loved that song, and they sang it beautifully. I was very close to UGLY crying. I miss her so, so much.
3. I try my best not to get political on here (and most of you who know me in real life are acutely aware of the party I align with), but let me just tell you--living in a swing state SUCKS. I have so much built-up election fatigue it’s not even funny. I can’t watch five minutes of TV or listen to a song or two on the radio without being bombarded by political ads. And my mailbox is STUFFED with propaganda (5 fliers from the Republicans yesterday alone!) every day. So for someone who sent her absentee ballot off nearly a month ago (there is no way I’m dragging 2½ kids with me to the polls next week), it’s just nauseating. Thankfully, the end is near…
2. Happy that it’s Tuesday and there’s a new episode of NCIS tonight. It’s the little things.
1. Just one more plea for crossed fingers. Like I said, I’m cool with whatever is healthiest for Justin, but I’d rather he bakes for another few weeks. Thanks for your help :)