Really? I've made it to my 400th post? That's what Blogger is telling me. Just for fun, I peeked back at Post #1. That just seems like a world away now (I mean, I was talking about MySpace for crying out loud). Craziness. The girl that wrote that first post was a fresh newlywed; the girl who's writing this post is a five-year veteran of marriage and a two-time mother. Four-hundred posts ago, I was thinner and, well, kinda boring. I like to think at this point I've got more to say. Having two munchkins who endlessly surprise me with their hilarity sure helps. It'll be interesting to see where I am in another 400 posts...
Nolan is now 3/4 of the way finished with his first year of life.
He's an energetic, impatient, hilarious, strong-minded, loving, hungry, sweet cuddle-bug. To shorten up on that, he's an absolute joy. :)
At 9 months, Nolan:
--weighs 18 lb 14.5 oz and is 28.75 inches long. By comparison, Aiden was 16 lb 13 oz and 27.5 inches. Slight difference. :) --has mastered crawling. He chugs along mostly, but if he sees something he really wants (i.e. Mommy, Daddy, or Aiden), he turns on the burners and gets there in hurry, usually with a delighted scream. So fun to watch. --gets into EVERYTHING. He loves to make a mad dash to the modem whenever someone is using the computer. He has also crawled UP onto our fireplace hearth a few times, so we've had to get creative with our blockades. --is pulling himself up on furniture. Now that I'm really not ready for. --enjoys "chasing" Aiden around the living room; it is hilarious to listen to the two of them giggle so ridiculously. :) --has tried a sippy cup a few times with mixed results. We're pressing on. --now says "Gah!" regularly, mostly when he's "talking" to Aiden. --is awaiting the imminent eruption of his first upper tooth. Any day now... --still eats like food it's going out of style. --is wearing 9-month clothes, but we're getting closer to 12-month. Egads. --has a KILLER smile, especially when he lifts his chin (see above). Makes me giggle every time. :)
I can't believe he'll be into the double-digits next month. Time goes INSANELY faster with Baby Number 2. But that time is no less precious.
I'm getting the Sunday night blues a little early today; it's my last day after a week's vacation home with the boys, and I'm getting that sinking feeling in my stomach, reminding me I have to go back to work tomorrow. Ech. It's NOT that I don't like my job; it's just that I love being with my kids. Yes, it was a long, hectic week--especially because I was the lone adult Tuesday through Friday--but it was a good week. I have some cute kids. :)
So, what's the elephant in the blog? Oh, that would be my horribly neglected Project 365 (see link above). I believe I abandoned it sometime back in March. Boo, bad Kimmie. The thing is, I do take at least one picture a day, but apparently I'm too lazy to post it. So I'm going to try linking up with another blog this week to do a phone-camera dump and try it that way. Stay tuned, I guess.
Speaking of photos, I'm leaving you with a few from Miss Rachel's birthday party (unfortunately, I don't have any of the birthday girl herself because a) she doesn't hold still and b) I had to attend to Aiden after he kissed the pavement):
I don't even mind that Aiden's got a goofy grin. I'm just happy he (almost) stayed still long enough for Daddy to snap a photo).
...despite some really crummy weather this morning. I was concerned because I had been promising Aiden all week we'd head there--but that was when the forecast was for plentiful sunshine. Instead, we woke up to a thunderstorm. Around 8:30 AM I decided just to suck it up and go, and I'm glad I did; it only sprinkled a bit when we first arrived, and then the sun appeared about an hour later. Turned out to be a beautiful day.
As a side note, I will say it is MUCH more difficult taking two kids when you're the only adult; I had to keep Nolan comfortable while keeping Aiden entertained, and that proved a bit difficult at times. And I won't even tell you about our group trip to the potty. :)
10. The weather never seems to fully cooperate with me when I have time off. This week, however, has been pretty decent. The heat is stymieing my plans a bit today, but otherwise, it's been all sunshine since Saturday afternoon.
9. We took Aiden to a Clippers game on Sunday. It was an event sponsored by my employer, so we got food & tickets for a good price. It was pretty steamy at the ballpark, and it was Aiden's first time sitting in his seat for the whole game (as opposed to running around in the outfield grass seats). He did great, though, even when Mommy accidentally dumped some beer on his head when he stopped short in front of her.
8. Is today really Wednesday? Because it feels like Tuesday. Or Monday. Honestly, I have no idea. I get really messed up on holiday weekends, and it's even worse since I'm not at work this week.
7. I scrapbooked yesterday. It felt good. And it was sooooooo easy to clean up since I gave all my stuff a dedicated place in the hall closet. :)
6. Nolan is--oh my gosh. He is just ridiculous right now with what he's learning. In the past three weeks, he has learned to crawl, sit unsupported, pull himself up to stand next to furniture, use a sippy cup, wave bye-bye, and in his silly mumbling the other night, he stopped me dead in my tracks when he looked at me and said, "Ma-ma-ma-ma!"
5. I was supposed to have my first party as a Scentsy consultant last night but it was rescheduled due to perfectly understandable circumstances. Now I have two parties in three days in a few weeks, and I'm excited for both!
4. Baby showers for Lawrene and Angie are both done. Now all we need are the babies, whose arrivals seem pretty imminent. It's about time to meet these kids! Next up in the Showersphere? A bridal shower for my sister Abby in September.
3. We had a great time Monday celebrating the Fourth of July at the Ohio Historical Center. They had the entire Ohio Village opened, as well as lots of folks dressed in period attire, a parade, an old-time band, ice cream tasting, and of course, a baseball game. They even let all the kids take a turn at bat once the game was done. Mike helped Aiden hit the ball--and then he promptly ran towards third base instead of first. :) I guess we've got some time to work on that...
2. I'm freaking out just a bit that it's July, and I'm not even half-way done with my Christmas shopping. I'm usually about 75% finished by this point. I'm calming myself a bit by reminding myself that I've already purchased Halloween costumes for the boys, and I've made good progress with Nolan's 1st Birthday planning. :)
1. I DESPERATELY need to make a trip to the grocery store. Guess that will be our venture outside the house today. This will be the first time I take both boys, so an adventure surely awaits...