We had some big stuff planned for this weekend; Quentin's second birthday party today, and the March for Babies tomorrow. Unfortunately, we've had to scrap both of those.
The story: Aiden had to stay home from school on Monday because he had a 102-degree fever. He kept telling us his mouth hurt, and so we figured he was getting his two-year molars. He was fine Tuesday, and seemed perfectly fine even up until Thursday, when his daycare called to say he had the blisters of hand, foot & mouth disease that has been going around at school. I left work at lunchtime and took him to the pediatrician, who confirmed that he had HF&M, but he hadn't been contagious since his fever left. I asked if this was something Mike & I should worry about getting, but he said that it was a childhood disease, and most kids had it by the time they were 4 years old. I don't ever remember getting it (which I confirmed with my mom). Anyway, Thursday night I went to bed with a really bad headache, and was very disappointed to wake up with the same headache (the kind where it hurts to move your eyes). I took my blood pressure, which was fine, but my pulse was 126! That's HIGH! So of course I got a little nervous & called both my PCP and OB. The PCP said I should take Tylenol & increase fluids, and when I heard back from my OB's office, they said I should go to the Emergency Room to get an EKG. YIKES! After talking to them a bit longer, and taking my temperature with Aiden's temporal thermometer to discover I had a 101-degree fever, they said not to go to the Emergency Room and instead follow the PCP office's advice. Luckily, I started to feel a bit better last night around 6 PM. Right now I'd say I'm back to about 60%, but I don't want to chance getting the birthday boy, or any of the other guests, at Q's party sick, so we're not going.
And the March for Babies? Severe thunderstorms in the forecast, plus an exodus of the rest of my team (which I totally understand--don't think I'm complaining). We're obviously still turning in all the funds we raised, so the money will help babies, and I send my sincere thanks to all those who contributed to our now virtual walk. :)
In happier, illness-free news, I got my first blog award!
I'd like to thank Shannon for thinking of me :) Here are the rules:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. List who gave you the award and use a link to her blog.
3. List 10 things that make you happy.
4. Pass the award on to other bloggers and visit their blog to let them know.
Ten Things That Make Me Happy
1. My family. There's nothing better than having such a loving husband and son.
2. The buy one, get one for 25 cents sale on Blizzards at Dairy Queen this week. Needless to say we've been indulging ourselves. :)
3. Today is the last day of my 1st trimester!
4. I've got some pretty kick-a$$ friends. You know who you are, and that I appreciate every second I get to spend with you!
5. The Indians tickets I won through a drawing at work! I got them this week--they're AWESOME! Can't wait to spend an evening with my dad in June.
6. I may complain about it *sometimes*, but my job ultimately makes me happy. I'm doing & learning things I could never have imagined a short year ago, and even though it's challenging, it's worth it.
7. Warm & sunny days. Looking forward to taking Aiden back to the Columbus Zoo soon.
8. Buckeye football. It can't get here soon enough.
9. Five new episodes in a row of NCIS. That show just makes me smile.
10. Growing up & getting new perspectives on things.
I'm passing this on to...
Megan at Life as a Dill. One of 3 really awesome sisters of mine.
Angie at Woody's Journal. My bestie.
Sara at Southern Hospitality. My one and only sister-in-law.
Krystyn at Really, Are You Serious? Because she's just awesome.