Sunday, April 11, 2010

10 Things I Think I Think, April Edition

10. Seriously slacking on the blogging recently. And it's not because I have nothing to talk about--I'm just having some motivational issues. I promise to try harder, though. Scout's honor.

9. I would probably start giving Aiden a $10-a-week allowance TODAY if he would just sleep later in the morning. This hasn't been a problem until the last few weeks; usually he doesn't wake up until around 7 or 7:30, but it's been 6 and 6:30 now. And today--5:45 AM--was just cruel.

8. I smile really big when I look at my pregnancy ticker now that it's under 200 days. I've obviously still got a LONG way to go, but that 200 marker was a little daunting.

7. Looking forward to my next OB appointment on Thursday--hearing the heartbeat really calms my nerves, especially since we're still in the first trimester.

6. I'm going to guess that I'm not the only one disappointed with American Idol this year. I honestly don't make it a point to watch it anymore, and I didn't know the judges used the save until someone told me the next day. It's just missing some pizazz (and I'm NOT referring to Paula Abdul).

5. THRILLED that the weather is warming up. Sunshine & fresh air does wonders for my mood. :)

4. Nervous for two close folks who got bad news this week. Crossing my fingers that things turn around.

3. I had a lot of fun visiting with a high school friend and her four-week-old newborn on Friday. THAT kid had some hair! So cute though. :)

2. Still freaking out that we don't have a boy name picked out. We don't find out what No. 2 is for another 2 months, but after three dreams that it's going to be a boy and none that it's a girl, I'm concerned. Such is the life of an anal planner.

1. Maybe, since we don't have anything officially planned today, we should go get the mulch for our flowerbeds. Mike mowed for the first time yesterday (the fresh-cut grass smell was HEAVENLY), and now I'm feeling all outdoorsy. We'll see, though; we all could use a nap since Mike was out late for a bachelor party and Aiden got up way early. Sleep is ALWAYS a good idea!

5 comments:

  1. I still say it's a girl. And I shall call her Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dreamt I was having a boy when I was pregnant with Lydia, so I wouldn't put too much stock in dreams!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit I'm pretty psyched to find out what you are having 2 months from now, though if we have another one it will be a surprise again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blah, blah, blah......I, for one, miss Paula..............they can ditch Ellen and Kara any week now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen is awesomely funny. Kara can skidaddle anytime.
    I am with you Megan -- it is going to drive your sister nuts when I have my next kid because I am not finding out next time (unless it is twins). We should get pregnant at the same time to really drive her crazy!

    ReplyDelete