Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Two Months Old

We've reached the two-month mark. Already.



(I just took a small break from my post to cry into my sleave.)

You'd think with having done this twice before, I'd be well prepared for how quickly the time flies with an infant. But no--his growth surprises me daily. I find myself constantly asking, "Isn't he too young to be doing that?!" I'm pretty sure I'm just living a in a state of denial. I want so badly for him to s-l-o-w d-o-w-n so that I can bask in his baby glory, but that's not what's happening.

At two months, Justin:

--has been sleeping through the night (we're talking 7-8 hour stretches) for a month. He totally wins at sleeping. It's GLORIOUS. Seriously.
--is gaining weight like a champ. I won't know his actual numbers until after tomorrow's checkup, but my guess is that he's around 12 lbs, which is nearly double his birth weight. Dude likes to eat.
--still is not fan of bath time. It's getting better; he only screams occasionally now, instead of the entire blessed time.


--is one HAPPY kid. He smiles constantly--mostly at Mike (Daddy is apparently MUCH more interesting that Mommy), but he's been sweet with me lately, too. And that smile could melt an iceberg in five seconds flat.
--will NOT take a pacifier 90% of the time. It's like his tongue is spring-loaded. I totally blame my mom for that one (she was not a pacifier fan).
--has spent more time being awake during the day. This has made it a bit more difficult for me to get stuff done around the house, but I'm not complaining by any means. He does have a tendency to sleep like a log every time I take him out to introduce him to someone. Oh well.


--can hold his head up like a boss. He's got enough neck strength that he doesn't mind sitting in the bumbo chair already.
--looks as though he might have lighter eyes like Aiden instead of brown like Nolan. (We'll see about that, though; I'm pretty sure I went on record about this time with Nolan saying he'd have blue eyes, too.)
--is so darn sweet, adorable, and easy-going that he's REALLY making me dread my return to work in a few weeks.

Check out how he compares to Aiden & Nolan at two months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment