Monday, July 19, 2010

The Autograph

So this morning I got to meet one of my favorite people--Jim Tressel, head coach of THE Ohio State Buckeyes. A co-worker of mine let me know a few weeks ago that he would be speaking at her church on a Monday (!) morning, so it was hard for me the pass up the opportunity to meet him. I arrived at the church this morning around 7:15 (which was quite a feat, considering I'd been up since 3:30 due to a certain two-year-old's inability to sleep), and almost freaked out when I realized I was only standing 10 feet from J.T. There was a small autograph line that had already formed, so I was thanking myself for grabbing one of Aiden's foam footballs right before I left the house.

It wasn't long before it was my turn. I shook hands with him, told him what an honor it was to meet him (especially as an OSU alum), and then asked him to sign the football for Aiden. J.T. asked where I was from, so I told him, and then he said one of his coaches was from that area. WE HAVE A CONNECTION! Seriously, we could probably play Six Degrees of Jim Tressel. Anyways, I wanted to ask for a photo, too, but as I was there by myself, it felt awkward to ask someone else to use my camera--that & I didn't want to hold up the line. :)

Afterward, we had breakfast & listened to him & a few others (including current corner back Chimde Checkwa) speak. This is the second time I've seen J.T. speak, and I could honestly listen to him read the phone book. I apologize for the poor picture quality--I was sitting a bit far back & only had my camera that I throw in my purse. Not a bad way to spend a Monday morning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment