Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Our Four-Day Fourth

That was a long, hot four days. And no fireworks for us, thankyouverymuch, unless you count Mike & I watching Red, White, & BOOM from the comfort of our couch. Maybe next year one of us can take Aiden while the other stays with Nolan. But to get back to the here & now, here's a recap of a fun long weekend:

SATURDAY, JULY 3: We actually set this day aside to do some cleaning so we wouldn't have to keep up with it for the rest of the long weekend. I weeded, cleaned up the inside of the house, and did laundry, while Mike trimmed the bushes, sprayed those annoying weeds, and got a lot of stuff out of the garage. Aiden wasn't really into the cleaning, so we sent him to MiMi's to play in the pool with Christopher. That evening, we went to El Vaquero to celebrate Lawrene's birthday. Yummy dinner & good friends are always a fun time.

SUNDAY, JULY 4: AHHHH, we got to sleep in! :) A little more cleaning & our weekly grocery trip, and then Mike went to go play in an old-time baseball game. I would have gone, too, & brought Aiden, but the hot & humid weather really would not have worked. Instead, we ended up back at MiMi's to play in the pool. It wasn't all that refreshing since the water had been in the sun all day, but Aiden didn't seem to mind. He played with the neighbor kids a bit, and then it was inside for a steak dinner. A relatively quiet holiday. :)

MONDAY, JULY 5: This was the first of 5 days in a row with 90-degree-plus heat. We took Aiden & Christopher to the park, but we didn't get to stay as long as we had hoped due to the discomfort of the heat & humidity. The boys had fun while they could, though; then it was over to Wendy's for some lunch (and AC!), and home for naps. That evening, we all went to Buca di Beppo to celebrate Sara's birthday, then it was back to Mimi's for some family photos and chocolate lava cake. YUMMO.

TUESDAY, JULY 6: Another hot one. But we braved the heat to head to the Zoo, and I'm glad we did; the boys were such troopers! Aiden really seemed to "get" the idea of seeing the animals this year. He also ASKED me if he could pee in the potty--in public!--for the first time, AND he was successful!!! I'm STILL proud. :) After about four hours, it was time for naps, and then the boys played out in MiMi's pool for a few hours. Jeff, Sara, Abby, Sean, John, Mike & I then headed down to Huntington Park for a Clippers game. They lost pretty badly, and it was still steamy, but we had a great time.

Today was back to work, but it wasn't so bad considering it was already Wednesday. I had an OB appointment today, where they confirmed that Nolan is looking good & measuring right where he should be. They also said there shouldn't be a problem with me going to the OSU vs. Marshall game that I so luckily scored tickets to, even thought I'll be about 33 weeks at the time. Looking forward to both that game & some cooler weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment