Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Bear for his Brother

Today is the last day of my four-day weekend. I had wanted to take Aiden back to the zoo or to the Dublin splash park, just the two of us. However, the weather was calling for strong storms (though truth be told, the sun is still shining brightly outside--GRRRR), so I decided to take him to Build-A-Bear to make Nolan's first teddy bear. Mike & I did the same when we were expecting Aiden, and I was really excited about him having hand in something his little brother would really love. That & I told him he could also make one for himself. :)

He was a bit apprehensive about actually stuffing the bear since it made a loud noise, but he warmed up quickly and then didn't want to pulled OFF the pedal. We also picked out a cute outfit for Nolan's bear, which we appropriately named "Buckeye." The "bear" Aiden chose for himself wasn't actually a bear, but a very nice Brutus Buckeye. I was a little annoyed that he managed to pick the most expensive creature in the store, but he made up for it later this afternoon--Aiden did a No. 2 in the potty for the first time ever! I never thought I would be so proud to see a turd in the toilet. Maybe we really will be lucky enough to have one kid in diapers at a time--crossing my fingers on that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment