Friday, August 6, 2010

The Big Boy Room

I can cross something off my list, and even pat myself on the back for getting it done when I wanted; we've finished setting up & moving Aiden into his big boy room. He's actually been sleeping in there for about 3 weeks now, so I'm a bit late on this post. We still have a few things to do (I'd like to get heavier curtains so maybe he won't see the sun come up quite so early and decide that 6 AM is the PERFECT time to go wake up Mommy), but for the most part, we're there.

I keep patting Mike & I on the back for making the brilliant decision to paint that room a gun-metal gray back when we painted the ENTIRE house before moving in; we decided to go with a neutral sports theme, but then sprinkle in Aiden's favorite teams, and so the gray looks great with all of them (except maybe the Cleveland Browns, but eh, you can't please everyone). I'm so happy with the theme we chose because it can really grow with him; he can recycle out the more juvenile items as he gets older, but then can keep other elements (obviously the Jim Tressel autographed football will never go out of style).

Perhaps the best part of this is that Aiden absolutely LOVES this room; when we get home everyday, he asks to go in his big boy bed so he can sit with his Brutus and read a book. Speaking of Brutus, he CRACKS us up; about 10 minutes after we put Aiden to bed every night, Mike & I usually hear the Ohio State fight song playing softly from the kid's room. How hilarious that he's using Across the Field for a "lullaby." Probably just gearing up for the season. :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks great Kim! I love it. And it's so cute that he loves it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome big boy room! I love it.

    ReplyDelete