Friday, August 20, 2010

A Day with Mommy

Aiden's daycare had an in-service today, and that meant a day off for me & my little buddy. I've been promising him for weeks that we'd go to the Columbus Zoo, so I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised that when today actually arrived, the weather called for lower 90s and high humidity. I just can't seem to catch a cool summer day for any of my planned activities! I shouldn't complain, though, because despite sweating a bit, we had a great time. I purposely did not bring my camera this time because I wanted to have my hands free, and I don't regret that choice--Aiden & I got to do more hands-on stuff than we usually have gotten to do there, and when good photo-ops (see above) presented themselves, I always had my phone. Aiden was SUCH a good boy; he enjoyed petting the goats, seeing all the animals and learning their names, and he even let me know when he had to go potty (YAY!). He also went on his first carousel ride, which he LOVED at first, and but then got a little scared half-way through and wouldn't let go of my neck. I think his favorite was the aquarium, because he giggled & squealed every time the fish would swim up to him. Another big hit was the boat ride--it was a good opportunity for us to sit down for awhile and enjoy some nice breezes. It was a great time spent with just the two of us, and I hope he'll remember it for awhile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment