Friday, November 5, 2010

This and That

We've had an interesting week. It all started with our kitchen sink backing up on Sunday evening. Despite a herculean effort by Mike (and his extra-special helper Aiden), by Tuesday we were desperate not to wash dishes in the bathroom sink and finally called a plumber. The guy that came told me it usually only takes him 15 minutes--but ours took 3 hours, and he told me that he might not be able to fix it unless his last effort worked. I started having visions of a backhoe digging up my basement floor to find the faulty pipe, and all the dollar signs that went along with it. Luckily, he was successful, and it wasn't as expensive as I thought. I never thought I'd be so happy to load the dishwasher.

Other than that, we're just trying to settle into our new routine with Nolan. He's nearing the three-week threshold, and honestly, the kid is a joy. He's not much of a crier, he only gets up twice at night to eat, and then goes immediately back to sleep. I don't know if it's because we have more experience this time, or Nolan is just more laid back that Aiden was, or a mixture of both, but so far this has been A LOT easier than I expected it to be. I probably just jinxed myself saying so, but oh well.

Tonight, Mike & I are going out on our first post-partum date, and then tomorrow we have another date of sorts; we're going to take Aiden bowling for the first time, just the three of us. I am beyond impressed with how he's been handling his new normal, and he is honestly just smitten with Nolan; he's always asking to kiss his cheek or hold him. Now if I could just get the two of them to sit still for a photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment