Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Three Months Old

That had to be the quickest month EVAH. I think I completely lost track of time, mostly because of the holidays, and then my maternity leave ending. But despite my attempts to slow things down, Nolan has reached the three-month milestone. Things have definitely improved since last month (not that they were bad in the least); he's been so much more smiley & cuddly as of late, so I'm hoping his grumpiness was just a passing phase.

At three months, Nolan:

--is still a chunk. I notice it most when getting him out of bed in the morning. No pediatric checkup until next month, but I'm positive he weighs more than 13 lbs. What a change from Aiden!
--has been sleeping through the night for over a month. This. Is. HEAVENLY. And even if he does wake up, he usually fusses for only a few minutes and then falls back asleep. I couldn't be more proud.
--is already wearing mostly 6 month outfits and size 2 diapers. We never got past size 3 diapers with Aiden, so I'm curious if we will with this kid.
--smiles, coos, and chews on his hands regularly. He's much more "baby" and less "newborn" at this point. So fun. :)
--thinks Big Brother Aiden is about the coolest guy ever--he grabs his brother's head and grunts whenever Aiden hugs him. LOVE IT!
--has only a few nicknames: Grumpy Bear, Buddy Boy, Munchkin, and Schnitzelfritz.
--leaning towards dark brunette hair, but I'm stumped on the eye color. I don't think he'll have blue eyes, because right now he's somewhere between hazel and light brown. Time will tell on that.
--still LOATHES tummy time. We're trying to be creative in coaxing him to work on those neck muscles, but I'm running out of ideas, and my patience isn't far behind.

Up next for our little guy? We have family photos next month (YAY!), and I'm anticipating getting the go-ahead to start rice cereal at his next checkup. OMG, he's going to start solids. I think I just passed out.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry too much about tummy time, Mama! Once he gets really interested in something he'll pop that little head right up! My guess is it will be something to do with Aiden...

    ReplyDelete