Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Monthly Mumbles, December Edition

10. It's already the day after Christmas. I'm having a serious WTF moment about that. I mean, really?! But I suppose we have had quite the month here in the Cotter household.

9. Justin will be three weeks old tomorrow. I already feel like this is going entirely too fast. He's focusing on faces and trying to "talk" to me, which both seem like they shouldn't happen for another month or so. And other than some nasty congestion that's making him pretty uncomfortable, he continues to be the easiest baby of the three. To say we're enjoying him would be a complete understatement. :)

8. It's snowing, and if you've read my blog at all since its inception, you know that this is NOT my favorite weather. Our total forecasted snowfall keeps changing, though--3 inches, 6 inches, 10 inches, and 3 inches again--whatever, it's all too much. No worries today, though. My plans are to stay inside and cuddle with all the boys--Daddy included. :)

7. Nolan had a pretty rough spell last week. He started off fine, then suffered through a REALLY bad respiratory issue for a few days. It seemed to clear up, but then it came back and settled in his ears, which had him screaming bloody murder at me Friday evening. So we spent 3 hours of our Saturday-morning-before-Christmas at the local urgent care, then had to brave the last-minute shoppers at Target to get his prescription. Obviously I did NOT have a good Saturday. At least not until night fell, Mike was came home from work, the boys went to bed, and I could relax with a beer.

6. Speaking of beer, can I just affirm for you how nice it is to have my body back to just myself? I really, REALLY enjoy being pregnant, but after this third time, I'm definitely done with it. All that miracle of life stuff is well and good, but it's also nice to sleep at night without a foot in your ribs or never-ending hiccups and heartburn.

5. My sister Megan (PRETTY sure I mentioned her before) took Justin's newborn photos last week. Here's the sneak peek she sent me; you can imagine how excited I am to see the rest of the shots...


4. With Christmas over, it's time for me to start planning Aiden's birthday party! I can't believe he's going to be FIVE YEARS OLD in March, and then Kindergarten in the fall...(cue nostalgic tears). He got lots of good learning-centered toys for Christmas, and the kid is a SPONGE when comes to those kind of things. He makes this mama so darned proud. :)

3. I've got all three munchkins home with me until next Wednesday. Mike is home for a few of those days, too, but it'll be mostly me as Single Mom. BRING IT! :)

2. Although we had a fantastic holiday overall, there was definitely a gaping hole in the festivities. Oh, how I missed my mom's voice and laugh, especially this time of year...


1. Eight years ago today, Mike & I met each other face-to-face for the first time and went on our first date. Weird how it feels like only yesterday AND such a long time ago at the same time. For better or worse, though, it's easily been the BEST eight years of my life. :)

1 comment: