Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Monthly Mumbles, May Edition



10. Had a nice Mother’s Day. It was a bit of a letdown because Mike had to work the entire weekend, but he brought me flowers Sunday night when he arrived home from work, so it’s all good. My boys spoiled me rotten with homemade gifts, so I felt pretty special. It was hard to not feel a bit melancholy, though, since it was the first without mom. 

9. Found out last week that Aiden got into the elementary school we wanted in the school lottery. I hadn’t ever been inside the actual school, but had to make a trip there at the buttcrack of dawn Monday to sign him up for before- and after-school care. It is SO CUTE. We have an orientation coming up where we can all take a tour. I’m so excited for him, but I also can’t believe that in three short months, I’ll have a Kindergartner!

8. NCIS finale aired last night. WOWZA. Now comes the horrible four-month waiting period for new episodes. I love summer, but I hate it, too. I’ll be happy when September gets here and my show is new again…and my Buckeyes take the field…

7. I don’t know how I missed the boat in Nutella, but holy sh!t is that stuff delicious. We’re ALL addicted now. I think Mike & I like it better than the boys!

6. Our dryer died last week. It was a sudden, unexpected death. Not a cool thing to happen in a house with five people including one husband who does laundry for a hobby. We were lucky enough to be able to take care of our laundry over the weekend at my in-law’s. New dryer arrives today, though, so it will be nice to get back into our routine.

5. Justin is making attempts to sit up on his own, and the little bugger even thinks he’s old enough to stand on his own.  I have a feeling he’ll easily be walking by his first birthday. {SIGH}

4. Still very much in love with my blog redesign. It just looks so happy. :):):):):)

3. Nolan’s speech continues to expand. He’s definitely behind where Aiden was at this age, but I’m cool with that. :) I’d say at this point I can understand about 45% of what he’s saying. My favorite is when he’s ready to leave the house and says, “Weady, guys?” Or if I’m leaving, he’ll say, “No, Mommy, I wan hug! Okay, wuv ooo! Buh-bye!” 

2. Father’s Day gift orders were placed last night. I feel so much better when I get this stuff taken care of ahead of time. Besides, we’ve got an awful lot going on between now and then, so being proactive is a necessity.

1. Eight years ago this evening, Mike got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. Can’t believe it’s been that long. But it will always be the best decision I ever made. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment