Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Monthly Mumbles, June Edition

Linking up with Megan @ In This Wonderful Life today. I probably won't make mine weekly, but rather just drop by once a month :)

10. Bad, bad blogger!!! Oh well. It's summer. We're busy. More hours of daylight mean fewer to spend in front of my computer in the evenings when the kiddos go to bed. So no apologies. We're just living life. :)

9. One (other) reason in particular that I've been so busy is that I'm pulling single-parent duty in the evenings more often. Yup, the hubster went out and got himself a new j-o-b at THE Ohio State University! You CAN.NOT. imagine how jealous of happy for him I am. It's an excellent opportunity.

8. I can't believe we're more than halfway through Aiden's first season of T-ball already! There are only four games left. He's been making steady progress (well, for a five-year-old), and he seems to be having fun, so I'll put this in the Good Idea column. And if you've never been to a T-ball game with five- and six-year-olds? Picture a bunch of kids playing in the dirt, looking at bugs, picking their noses, and basically doing anything BUT paying attention to the game. Oh, and they're in little uniforms. Adorable. :)

7. I may or may not have started planning both Nolan's and Justin's birthday parties. And I've got 4 and 6 months before each of those. So for those of you that follow me on Pinterest, I'm sorry for all the pumpkin and candy cane stuff. I know it's not even the 4th of July...

6. Looking forward to volunteering for the Second and Seven Foundation's Football FUNdamentals Camp next week. Angie, Abby & I had a blast last year, so I'm expecting more of the same.

5. I've seen two movies so far this summer--which is REALLY good for me--and I loved both of them. I've actually seen Star Trek Into Darkness twice (and you'll be happy to know that Chris Pine was just as gorgeous in 3D as he was in the regular showing) and Man of Steel once (Henry Cavill should NEVER be allowed to wear a shirt). As you can probably tell, I enjoyed both movies for completely different reasons than my husband.

4. I made an appointment to get Nolan's speech evaluated in a few weeks. Might be jumping the gun, but I really think he should be a little more clear in his language this close to three years old. And if they tell me he's fine? I'm good with that, too. But for my own piece of mind, I'd like the evaluation. :)

3. Justin clapped for me last night. Repeatedly, and on demand. Is six months a bit early for that? Seems to be. I can't remember. Time to check his brothers' baby books (I KNEW those things would come in handy!)...

2. Anybody else out there ready for some college football? I'll find out in a week or two if I got OSU tickets in the alumni lottery. I would REALLY like to get a B1G game for once.

1. I actually get to participate in summer hours offered by my company this year (THANK YOU, Mike's job change)!!! It's a little difficult getting up that extra hour early four days a week, but having Friday afternoons completely to myself? H-E-A-V-E-N.


No comments:

Post a Comment