Thursday, May 15, 2008

Aiden's Two-Month Check-Up

I took Aiden to Dr. Brown today for his two-month check-up; I'd been dreading this appointment since his last one since I knew he'd be getting a lot of vaccinations today. After arriving at the office at noon and discovering our appointment was supposed to have been at 9:10 AM (that's what I get for not double-checking my calendar), the nurse weighed and measured our liitle guy; he's a healthy 11 lb 3.5 oz, and 22 inches long. Then after another fun exam with Dr. Brown (he always comments on what a cute little boy we have), the nurse came back with the shots.

I don't know who had it worse--Aiden for getting the shots, or me for watching him get them. I've never heard him cry so loudly--I always tell Mike we're getting spoiled because Aiden simply doesn't cry much--so it was pretty heartbreaking. After I took him home and fed him, though, he seemed to get back to his normal silly self; the smiles and funny faces returned. Good thing we don't head back to Dr. Brown for another two months!!!

1 comment: