Sunday, April 26, 2009

Busy Weekend

What a busy weekend, and how lucky we were to have such nice weather! It feels like summer outside, with highs in the mid- to upper-80s. LOVE IT. Yesterday, we went to Quentin's 1st birthday party. As I said, it was sunny & warm, but quite windy, even to the point it was blowing the tissue paper out of his gifts! We had a great time eating subs & cupcakes, and helping Aiden's buddy celebrate his big day. I think Aiden had more fun eating the cupcakes at this party than he did his own!
Today, we got up bright and early to head out to Easton to participate in the March for Babies. What a great event! There were SO MANY PEOPLE! As the walk actually stepped off, I got that cheeseball pride feeling as I realized I was part of something big and important. Unfortunately, since the sun was in Aiden's eyes (which pretty much made him furious), I actually had to carry him for the first portion of the walk. When we turned to go back, he settled down nicely in his stroller. I'm already looking forward to participating again next year, when I hope that Aiden's age will allow him to tolerate the entire 5-mile walk as opposed to the 1-mile "Buggy Brigade." We'll just have to wait and see.Here's a photo of the whole group--I hope everyone had fun! Thanks so much for joining the team & raising money for a good cause, and I hope to see you again next year!

1 comment: