Saturday, April 11, 2009

Turning the Corner

I do believe Aiden is finally feeling better--right as my week-long vacation with him is coming to an end. He's not as needy as he had been; there were days this week where I couldn't put him down because he'd just wail. But if I held him, that wasn't what he wanted, either. Just slightly frustrating. This morning, though, he's showing signs of a return to his old self; he's much more independent, as in he's letting me fold laundry in my room while he plays happily in his. He did whine at me to help get him seated in his OSU chair so he could catch up on some reading, though. :) I'm hoping this trend continues through the day.
Visiting the Easter Bunny didn't quite happen yesterday; with Aiden's bad mood, I decided to avoid the meltdown of having a big costumed bunny hold him. We did go to Easton, though, but our trip was short-lived due to the pouring rain. At least we made it to Trader Joe's for plums, strawberries, and cheese tortellini, all of which he's at least shown interest in eating in the past. My fingers are crossed to say the least.
Today, we're hoping to go out in his swing in the backyard as soon as it warms up a bit. I'm determined to finish my painting project in the basement (photos to come), and then we'll get ready to head up to PooPoo's again tomorrow for Easter. Between Aiden's sickies and lousy weather, I think I'm ready to get back to work on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment