Saturday, May 30, 2009

First Trip to the Zoo

We FINALLY made it to the Columbus Zoo today! I've been wanting to go for weeks now, but every time I planned it, the day would turn out crummy. We had PERFECT weather today, though--mid seventies and partly cloudy. Mike, Aiden & I really enjoyed ourselves. I hadn't been there since I was in 2nd grade--21 years ago! It was really neat to see all the animals. We didn't get to see the new baby elephant simply because we didn't want to wait in the hour-long line, but we did see A LOT of other animals, as you can see in the slideshow below. Kudos to Mike for taking some fantastic photos as well! Aiden seemed generally interested, too; he would point at animals (he's "showing" me the elephant in the photo above), and he even called a small wild Asian cat a "kitty." Unfortunately, he fell asleep right before we got to the monkey section, so he did miss them. We'll have plenty of opportunities as he grows older to head back, though. A good time was had by all, so we'll definitely return :) Enjoy!

1 comment: