Sunday, June 27, 2010

Celebrating an Inspiration and Rachel's 2nd Birthday

On Saturday night, Mike & I were lucky to attend a retirement party for my high school band director, Mr. Heidlebaugh. What a great event! It was so much fun to reminisce about my high school days in the Band of Gold with other former members; there seemed to be good representation from all 25 years that Mr. H was with the band. And as far as Mr. H goes, he is. The. Sh*t. Seriously. I've always pointed to him as one of the most influential people in my life, and based on last night, so do a whole lot of other folks! Abby & I, as former field commanders, were asked to say a few words. Normally I would turn this down flat (not a fan of speaking in front of crowds), but since it was for Mr. H, I accepted. I was pretty proud of the crowd's reaction, too, so maybe I should try this out more often...but probably not.

Today, Aiden & I had the honor of attending Miss Rachel's 2nd birthday party. Let me tell you, folks--it was a scorcher, but we wouldn't have missed it for the world! Rachel is such a cutie! :) Aiden & I had a lot of fun blowing bubbles, eating yummy picnic food & Angie's masterpiece cakes, and then watching Miss R open her gifts. Unfortunately, the humidity started to get a bit unbearable for this preggo, so we missed the breaking of the pinata. When we arrived home, Aiden actually asked for a nap, so I knew he had a great time. Looking forward to more birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment