Thursday, January 19, 2012

Nothing. Funnier.

I recently joined Bloggy Moms; I figured I'm a mom, I like to blog, and there are other folks out there who have the same credentials--why not interact? They've got lotsa neato stuff, not the least of which is the daily writing prompts. Today's was "The last time I laughed so hard, I cried."

Kinda funny, really, because that was just last night.

And now I need to preface this with a confession: I think Damn You Auto Correct is THE FUNNIEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO THE INTERNET, PERIOD. I am sorry if you don't agree. I actually have to limit my time there because I laugh so hard I can't breathe.

But last night after the boys went to bed, I clicked on a link from my Facebook page, and then read & giggled, and read some more & guffawed, and then read some more & lost my sh*t.

Mike came out into the living room at this point and said passively, "You're on that site again, aren't you?"

I made every attempt to answer him. I really did. But I couldn't. I was bawling uncontrollably--sobbing, really. And it was over the one entry that was probably the least dirty:


I. DIE.


I never thought a complete stranger's text mistake--but mostly, his inclusion of a photo of a long-dead U.S. president--would make tears stream down my face for a solid ten minutes.

So there you have it. The most recent situation that made me laugh so hard I cried. Ta-Da.

If you haven't already, I HIGHLY recommend you head on over to DYAC and check it out, but I will warn you: most items posted are of a highly, shall we say, questionable nature (hence the purpose). See if you laugh so hard YOU cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment