Friday, March 12, 2010

The View from Here



So Mike & I are in West Virginia. I think I've said it before, but I'm not such a big fan of this state; just too many gosh-darned mountains, and with all the twists & turns in the roads, I think a 70 mph speed limit is just a bit indulgent. We're in Morgantown this weekend, which actually is kind of a crazy city; it feels like all the buildings are built directly on top of each other due to the nature of the mountainous landscape. But even in the early-spring dreariness, I must admit the view from our seventh-story hotel room window is kinda pretty, with the fog rolling lazily over the Monongahela River. And I don't even have to get out of bed to see it. :) We're out of here tomorrow and hopefully will make it home for a good part of Aiden's 2nd birthday--I'm missing my little guy like crazy!

1 comment: