Saturday, December 18, 2010

Two Months Old

Holy crap. He's two months old already?! I think the time goes by much more quickly when you've got two kiddos to worry about. Life with Nolan has been interesting this month. He is soooooooooo different than his brother was at this age--to the point I was actually in tears about it last night. You see, Nolan's not much of a cuddler; truth be told, he's not much for being held at all (unless you happen to be my mom). And that makes me sad sometimes; there are moments when all I want to do is hug him, and he'd rather just scream in my ear. We're doing our best to reach some common ground, but we're not there yet.

At two months, Santa Nolan:

--is a bit of a chunk. We don't go in for his two-month checkup until the 30th, but I'm pretty sure he's over twelve pounds already. At least that's what my lower back has been telling me.
--has been sleeping through the night pretty regularly. We still have a hiccup every once in awhile, but this week has been especially great: 4 nights in a row with 8 hours straight, followed by last night's 9-hour stretch. He's a good sleeper. :)
--still will probably have dark-blond to light-brown hair, but I'm on the fence now about his eye color. Before I would have said blue, but now I'm wondering if they might go a light brown instead. Time will tell on that.
--HATES tummy time. He maybe gets about a minute or two in before he starts screaming like a banshee. Like I said, sooooooooo different from Aiden.
--is really getting the hang of using a smile for a happy reaction. He greets me with a smile every morning when I come to his crib, but my favorite is that lately he's been smiling at Aiden. Must be something about the little face.
--would probably rather munch on kitty litter than take a pacifier. Not a fan.
--thinks his Aunt Abby might be the the funniest person he's ever seen. He laughed out loud at her yesterday :)
--is just the cutest thing ever. Despite the cuddling "issue," I love every second I get to spend with him.

Up next for Nolan? Meeting A LOT of family next week for the holidays. He'll be sporting that Jolly Old Elf outfit as well, so just remember that he knows if you've been naughty or nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment