Thursday, February 25, 2010

Not My Brightest Moment

My poor car. It's been so nice to me over the years--coming up on six of them, to be exact. They only problems it's ever given me are the ones I'M responsible for--smashing the back window while trying to break through an inch-thick coating of ice, backing into my in-laws' house (while I wasn't even in the car), obliterating the driver's side rear view mirror while backing out of the garage--and now I've got a new one to add to the list. I was taking my Pampered Chef orders to work this morning, and since the box was too big to fit in the trunk or stuff in the back seat with Aiden's car seat, I put it on the front seat. I stopped for gas on the way to work, and while I was trying to pull up to the open pump, I completely misjudged my turn (due to the monstrous box seated next to me) and hit a pilon, essentially crushing my rear passenger's side door. SIGH. Can't wait to get that bill.

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a fine job you did. Can't say you don't get that honestly.

    ReplyDelete