Monday, February 1, 2010

My Mommy Loves Me

Yeah, I totally knew that already. But she surprised me this last weekend when we went home for a visit. My mom has an amazing talent--she makes the MOST beautiful quilts. She's been doing it ever since I've been around, and I'm oh-so-jealous of her ability to put colors together. I think it was a few months ago that I asked her if she could make a quilt to hang on the wall in our house. She laughed me off, saying something about not being able to afford her. So imagine my surprise yesterday when she took me into the computer room and told me, "You can pick one!" Stunned, the first words out of my mouth were, "Do you have something to tell me? Are you going to be around in six months?!" Again, she laughed me off, explaining that she while she didn't have the time to make me a custom quilt, she was willing to part with a few of her "babies" so that each of us could have one.
At the risk of sounding a bit cheesy, now that I've got the quilt in my home and up on the wall, I feel super special. It's not everyone that can boast about the beautiful creation of their mother's hanging on the wall. But this post is serving a dual purpose--I'm proving to my mom that her "baby" isn't crumpled on the floor or providing a cushion for the cats.
While we're on the subject, I know my mom loves my son, too, since she created this one-of-a-kind baby quilt for him. No worries, Mom--he may not be sleeping with this, but it's on the wall of his future big-boy room, so he'll be enjoying it soon enough! :)

3 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous, Kimmie! Your mom is so talented. I can remember going to see her booth at Prairie Peddlar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is sending me one, too! I can't wait. I asked if she would make us one when I caught DENVER using FINNIAN'S quilt that she made him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, you are right......your mom is a great quilter and it looks lovely on your wall. :) from Susie

    ReplyDelete