Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Why do we buy toys?

Lately, the only thing Aiden has any recreational interest in is our vacuum cleaner. "The sweeper, Mom! The sweeper loud! I LOVE THE SWEEPER!" Admittedly, it was pretty comical, oh, the first two weeks, but I kid you not--I hear these exclamations in my dreams! If I don't get the sweeper out of the closet immediately after we get home, I get the temper tantrum from hell. It's nearly impossible to get this kid in his highchair to eat dinner because he might lose precious one-on-one time with the Hoover. And do you think I'd get a "Hi Mommy!" when I open his bedroom door in the morning? Oh no--I get greeted with an emphatic "I like Grandpa's sweeper!" It's draining, but it's also pretty darn cute. Below is a bit of evidence that I'm not pulling your leg. (Obviously, this is kind of staged, but the kid is on to me when I try to get candid moments, as you'll notice by his sudden decision to say "Cheese!")

Sweeper Love from Kimberly Cotter on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Boxes, remotes, cell phones...they all make much better toys than what we buy for them.

    ReplyDelete